1. Every Sunday afternoon drive home after parental access visits, across town or along the Pacific Highway.
2. In the passenger seat as Mama drives with a blinding migraine, me debating if pulling the handbrake will save us if we veer off the road.
3. Unbelted in the back of a panel van while my unlicenced sister hesitates then accelerates into the back of a parked car.
4. The first Ls drive with Dad, leaping out after a hundred metres and screaming at him to drive home himself.
5. The first un-supervised drive after passing my Ps test, stalling at the lights next to a police car.
6. The hospital drive in labour, in the back seat and climbing the walls, tangled in the wires of the TENs machine.
7. Driving myself to the hospital with a scary, stabbing sensation in the side of my chest, later diagnosed as pneumonia.
8. Taking a well child to childcare yesterday while wracked with gastro, a dark brown towel covering my seat and a sick bag in my lap.