Sunday, October 23, 2011

52 Poems (week 32)

Found this lovely slice of life poem via Dooce. Because Tony Hoagland is alive and well, and I'm not chasing him or his publisher down for copyright permissions - I've excerpted only a few lines from the poems, but they're lovely and should be read in full, so follow the links to a site that does have the kind permission to reprint.

Windchime

She goes out to hang the windchime
in her nightie and her work boots...

Windy today and I feel less than brilliant,
driving over the hills from work...
 There's something extraordinarily ordinary about the first peom and I mean that in the sense thatit's an ordinary moment captured beautifully, rather than a beautiful moment captured in an ordinary way. The second poem is more fragmented and stream of consciousness that I normally like, but there a snippets of observation that pull it back from full-on wankery.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...