Monday, October 17, 2011

Bird Cloud

I picked up a copy of this months ago when I went to see Annie Proulx talk in town. It's taken me a while to pick it up again as there's been a mountainload of other pleasure-related and work-related reading to do. But over the weekend, I threw myself in and rollicked through the first half, which was heavy on the house-building. The second half, full of recounted history and geography of the area, was a lead weight that I had to force myself to drag to the last page. The last chapter on watching birds was especially dull - a cut and paste job from a diary if I've ever read one, with none of the charm of the characters that inhabited the building sections. Sure the bald and golden eagles show up often, but there's nothing about them that speaks of anything interesting. Build the nest, protect the nest, ride the air currants, repeat.

Now I'm at a loss for what to read next. I want to reach back into my shelf for a comfort read, but am also holding out on the hope that my book depository order comes winging its way to me soon.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...