Saturday, May 12, 2012

52 Poems (week 41)

I love the sound of Maya Angelou's voice... but not when she's reading or reciting her own poetry. I much prefer the sound of her story-telling, the funny eye-wiping grandma laugh, the actor's voice in How To Make An American Quilt. I saw her once talking about recipes and cooking on Oprah and I liked the sound of that food.

Still I Rise
You may write me down in history
With your bitter, twisted lies,
You may trod me in the very dirt
But still, like dust, I'll rise...
There's more, of course, but there's also copyright.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...