Saturday, May 12, 2012

New Songs on a Saturday Morning (361-370)

As part of my ongoing effort to improve the range of my cultural consumption, I'm casting out for new things to listen to. Part one and an explanation of this musical escapade can be found here. You'll need to search for the rest yourselves.

361.  Electric Guest - 'This Head I Hold'.
362. Devin - 'You're Mine' - This is when the hark back starts to sound tired and I wish people would move on. Ironic, really, given some of the other songs I've listened to this week.
363. Damon Albarn - 'The Marvelous Dream' - Kept waiting for it to take off in a big orchestral gesture but it never did.
364. Ben L'Oncle Soul - 'Seven Nation Army' - Interesting cover but not sure it strikes the same chord as the lonely bass and drums of The White Stripes. 
365. Michael Kiwanuka - 'I'm Getting Ready'. 


367. Clairy Browne and the Bangin Rackettes - 'Love Letter' - what an awesome band name. Love me some do-wap-de-wally-wally girls, especially when they're Australian.
368. Clairy Browne and the Bangin Rackettes - 'Baby Caught the Bus'.
369. Pulp - 'Babies' - holy crap, this is nearly 20 years old.
370. Willy Moon - 'Yeah Yeah'.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...