Saturday, July 28, 2012

New songs on a Saturday morning (461-470)

As part of my ongoing effort to improve the range of my cultural consumption, I'm casting out for new things to listen to. Part one and an explanation of this musical escapade can be found here. You'll need to search for the rest yourselves.


461. Van She - 'Jamaica' - there seemed to be so much eighties sound on Rage this morning.
462. Anna Lunoe & Flume - 'I Met You' - Makes me think it's probably worth hunting down non-Flume songs.
463. Anna Lunoe - 'Love Ting' - okay, no, turns out I was wrong. Nothing here I like at all.
464. Metric - 'Youth without Youth' - meh. 
465. Matt and Kim - 'Daylight' - oh, so much better. Was a bit worried for a minute there.
466. Matt and Kim - 'Cameras' - Love the pared back electronic style. Funny clip.
467. Matt and Kim - 'Yea Yeah' - My favourite so far. Perfect. Cheery. Simple. Nuanced.
468. Aloe Blacc - 'If I' - Yeeeessss! A little Bill Withers going on. 



469. Aloe Blacc - 'I Need a Dollar' - Loving this guy's voice when he does this kinda song. 
470. Aloe Blacc - 'Tonight Downtown'.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...