Sunday, August 5, 2012

Farewell baby body; hello... something else.

It took many , many months after Dear Boy was born for me to do anything more than slob around the house in my pajamas. Sure I was walking with him every afternoon, strolling through the green corridors near us while he slept, but I was also eating everything and anything to see myself through sleepless nights and helpless days. I ate what was quick, what was handy, what was filling, what was comforting.

Now it's time to stop moaning about it. To stop feeling shlubby and depressed when my work clothes don't fit, when my play clothes feel ugly because I'm buying for size not what I like to wear. It's time to start eating better and exercising smarter. It's time to stop whinging about how hard, how inconvenient, how cold, how wet, how unmotivated...blah, blah, blah.

I've joined Michelle Bridges' 12 week body transformation to make it a bit easier - to get some guidance on eating and exercising and some help organising myself, my family and my days so I can make it work.

There's a wedding at the end of this 12 week program, a wedding for a beloved brother where the dress is cocktail and I'll be expected to be in at least a few photos. 

But first, maybe in the next few weeks, I'd just really like to be able to wear my own wedding ring again.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...