Saturday, August 25, 2012

New Songs on a Saturday Morning (491-500)


As part of my ongoing effort to improve the range of my cultural consumption, I'm casting out for new things to listen to. Part one and an explanation of this musical escapade can be found here. You'll need to search for the rest yourselves.

491. Bad Books - 'Forest Whittaker' - The whistled melody and pop-synth beat make me think of Regurgitator.
492. Old Crow Medicine Show - 'Wagon Wheel' - Just a little bit of hillbilly banjo with a sweet country tune.
493. Morgan Page feat. Tegan & Sara - 'Body Work' - Not the best use of these two I've ever seen.
494. Lily Allen - 'LDN' - Huh?
495. Philip Phillips - 'Home' - Interesting voice but the song's nothing to write home about.
496. Beyonce - 'I Was Here (United Nations Day' - I go in knowing these things will be schmaltzy but I still get goose-bumps.
497. The Heavy - 'What Makes a Good Man' - Funky, gravelly, slick and awesome.
498. The Gaslight Anthem - 'Handwritten' - Um. Err. Meh.
499. The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band - 'Easy Coming, Easy Going' - Great guitar pickin' but not so keen on the strange, strange swallowing of words.
500. Pomplamoose - 'I'll Be There in a Minute' - Love this pair's covers but some of their originals are sweet too.


Hooray! We're halfway, people! Hooray! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...