Friday, May 17, 2013

Baby pictures: him and me.


People keep telling me that Dear Boy is all Lovely Husband: the forehead, the brows, the eyes, the expressions. But I've always looked at his face and seen my own. The pictures of me as a child look like my boy with piggytails. His 100 metre stare, his half grin, his sorta dimples, his eyes, his lips, his cheeks: they're all mine. See?


The photo at the top is me at two, a child found after being lost. A child found eating her sister's paint. Dig those big plastic pilchers and my stripey, stripey socks. That photo has always been a favourite of mine, but seeing it now, I see his future face, his hand prints on his belly.

2 comments :

  1. I remember the paint episode. You gave Peter M a real scare as he thought it was blood! You did love those socks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful baby you were, my gosh.

    no wonder you decided to make one of your own, you should have thousands.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...