Friday, May 3, 2013

Discomforted

Here is a small list of things that make me feel uncomfortable:

  • Speaking in front of crowds of people whether I know them or not. This makes being a lecturer an interesting choice and a day-by-day trial. It also makes my desire to sing in public fairly bizarre.
  • Crying in public. This seems have only become a problem since Dear Boy was born. I've cried in waiting rooms, in the car, walking through the supermarket and, most recently, at the ANZAC day march.
  • Pap smears and dental exams. Well... der.
  • Most underwear, clothes and shoes. I find it really hard to find clothes that not only fit well but also feel comfortable. And I'm not just talking comfort in a physical sense but comfort in the psychological sense as well. I hate my clothes screaming for attention as much as I hate being overdressed. Fashionably trending clothes do not work with my body or my mindset. 
  • Initiating touch with strangers or acquaintances. For a very cuddly, snuggly lady, I am incredibly hesitant to go in for the cheek mash, the double peck, the half-hug or any other variant of these types of things with people I don't know well. I usually wait for them to initiate and follow suit. 
  • I am also uncomfortable with my previous post's picture of my complete bombsite of a desk. And while the boy napped today - those precious, precious few minutes where I could work, eat, read unmolested - I tidied. Seems like such a waste of time, really, but I feel marginally better about how it looks now. It is still not a minimalist's paradise but hey, neat(ish) piles are better than drifts and mounds.


2 comments :

  1. Your desk looks pristine and spartan compared to mine lately. You have inspired me to clean mine tonight....once the girls are finally asleep of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How'd it go, Karleigh? By the time Dear Boy's asleep at night, my motivation to clean falls back to zilch. All I want to do is veg in front of the telly, read blogs or talk to Lovely Husband.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...