Friday, May 24, 2013

Worst Traits (...not 'trays')

Today's prompt in the 'Blog Every Day in May' challenge is to list your top 3 worst traits. I quickly tapped out a list of three:
1. Anxiety
2. Caring what other people think too much
3. Conflict avoidance
But to be honest, I think these could all be different aspects of the one trait. So I'll call that one 'worrying about what other people think' and put it right there at the top.
1. Worrying about what other people think - it causes a lot of my anxiety ('oh my god, this isn't good enough, so and so is going to hate it'; 'why don't they like meeeeee?', etc.) and it makes me avoid pushing issues or saying what's on my mind a lot of the time. It also means a lot of issues I really should be dealing with out loud end up stored like badly bottled ginger beer. It's just a matter of time before it explodes.
2. Judgemental - for someone who worries so much about what other people think of me, I am strangely quick to put on my bitchy-girl pants and judge away about many aspects of other people's lives. It makes me feel like a terrible person and I try to keep it to myself but it just seems to be there. Waiting for the opportunity to make itself known. Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately) bad trait no. 1 usually keeps it at bay.
3. Lazy - I am more often than not on the path of least resistance. Sometimes this is to do with bad trait no. 1 and sometimes it's just plain 'I can't be arsed'. It is a terrible trait at work and one I work at one a daily basis when I'm there. It is also a terrible trait at home when I would desperately love for my home to not look like Target exploded in my lounge room. I am lazy as, but I hate the mess. Ugh. 

I think if the list was to keep going, it would include things like my eyes being bigger than my belly, want, want, wanting, and easily frustrated. 

2 comments :

  1. So very true!! You sound like me, glad I'm not the only worrier and lazy one around!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Write notes about what you're worried about. Buy some fun little plastic boats, take yourself to a river, stream, lake, or pond. Put one folded worry note on the boat and let it float away. Seriously, I read this years ago and have heard people really do feel better when they see they worry float away. My Mother was a big worrier, wish I had realized how much so before it took hold of her. It caused the anxiety to ruin many things for her. Don't let it control you. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...