Saturday, June 22, 2013

New Songs on a Saturday Morning (631-640)

As part of my ongoing effort to improve the range of my cultural consumption, I'm casting out for new things to listen to. Part one and an explanation of this musical escapade can be found here. You'll need to search for the rest yourselves.

Sometimes I sit in front of Rage and write these posts as I listen, with Dear Boy reading books or playing trains at my feet. Other times, I've written song titles and lyrics on scraps of paper and collected them over a week or two. This is one of those weeks - songs I've heard in the car, on the TV, on Lovely Husband's computer, on TV ads and grand finales. 


631. Kat Edmonson - 'Lucky' - Another of Lovely Husband's lady voices that make me turn around and watch his computer over his shoulder.
632. Kat Edmonson - 'I Don't Know'
633. Passenger - 'Let Her Go' - Strange beautiful voice.
634. Passenger - 'Golden Leaves' - Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Although I had some weird flashbacks to Vitamin C from the intro.
635. Miley Cyrus - 'We Can't Stop' - Yeah, so, I watched this. It's an awful film clip. Little baby Miley playing at Rhianna. Blecch. But the song is actually...kinda... okay.
636. Janelle Monae feat. Erykah Badu - 'Q.U.E.E.N' - I come for the funk and stay for the wicked hair.
637. Charles Bradley - 'Strictly Reserved for You' - A little bit of soul, a little bit of funk and completely anachronistic. This guy needs to be played on a radio or a record player. But me and my boy still slide around the living room when it comes silky smooth from my laptop.
638. She & Him - 'I Could Have Been Your Girl' - I love me some Zooey. Her voice is the strangest thing but still gets me every time.
639. Laura Mvula - 'Green Garden' - The claps, the radio-saturated voice, the backing vocals, the lyrics. Love, love, love.
640. Thundercat - 'Walkin'' - Huh.



2 comments :

  1. There are some pearlers in there I already loved but some new ones too - like Laura Mvula - WOW! Thanks for telling me about her x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been hearing that song in the background of ads and shopping centres for a little while now, and finally googled the lyrics to find out who it was. Lovely, isn't it?

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...