Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Flying away


I'm going to board an airplane and fly away from here. I'm excited and looking forward to catching up with old friends and presenting my work and getting some papers published. But I'm leaving my Dear Boy for the first time, never even overnight before, and this time it's four days and four nights. I am anxious. And sad. I know he'll be alright - he'll be hanging out with his Dad and spending an extra two days at childcare this week - but I am concurrently worried that he'll miss me and that he won't. That something will happen and I won't be able to get back to them.

I am trying to let excited win.

I am thinking of the long plane ride and the fat airport books I might get to finish. I am thinking of doing star-fishes on the hotel bed.


Didn't realise there were a million versions of John Denver's 'Leaving on a Jet Plane'. Even Aerosmith's gotten in on the action. How many more songs about airplanes and airports and flying away are there?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...