Saturday, July 13, 2013

New Songs on a Saturday Afternoon (641-650)


As part of my ongoing effort to improve the range of my cultural consumption, I'm casting out for new things to listen to. Part one and an explanation of this musical escapade can be found here. You'll need to search for the rest yourselves.



641. Anna Kendrick - 'Cups' - I saw the movie a while ago but only just caught up with this. I am such a sucker for soundtracks. And a sucker for song and dance movies. But that's a whole other kettle of fish.
642. Mika feat. Ariana Grande - 'Popular Song'. Not so sure about the giggles halfway through.
643. Chvrches - 'Gun' - She sounds so, so young, like 12 years old young.
644. Stereophonics - 'Indian Summer' - I've always thought the only thing more than ordinary about this band and their songs was the lead singer's voice. He makes this marginally more than ordinary.
645. Yolanda Be Cool feat. Gurrumul - 'A Baru in New York'.
646. Kutcha Edwards - 'Get Back Up Again' - Indigenous bluesman, sounding like a statesman of the genre.
647. Busby Marou - '5 Rocks' - Love the subtle harmonies of this duo.
648. Busby Marou - 'Biding My Time'.
649. Busby Marou - 'Save Some for the Others' - Australian accent shines through in this one with some of that blues harp and Fender Telecaster that sounds like childhood for me.
650. Taylor Swift feat. Ed Sheeran - 'Everything Has Changed'.

1 comment :

  1. Cups is so cute, but I wasn't a fan of the version in the film (I so don't get the Anna Kendrick thing!!). I'm going to have to check out Busby Marou!!! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...