Saturday, July 20, 2013

New Songs on a Saturday morning (651-670)

As part of my ongoing effort to improve the range of my cultural consumption, I'm casting out for new things to listen to. Part one and an explanation of this musical escapade can be found here

This week's songs are snaffled straight from Lovely Husband's playlist. I suspect he finds them on ads and films and computer games and then googles like a bastard until he finds what he's looking for. His google-fu is better than my google-fu at things like this. That's okay - I'm better at map-reading than he is, so it all evens out.


651. Courtnee Draper and Troy Baker - 'Will the Circle Be Unbroken' - Sweet little folky number... which is weird for a computer game called Bioshock Inifinite.
652. Spencer and Atwood - 'Trek' - The full version of the song from the Emirates 'Hello Tomorrow' ad). Gorgeous song.
653. The Heavy - 'What Makes a Good Man' - A funky frontman and three awesome back-up ladies. There's not much to it lyrically besides the chorus, but who cares.
654. The Naked and Famous - 'Punching in a Dream' - I heard this in Pitch Perfect; Lovely Husband probably heard it in one of several computer games.
655. Flight Facilities (feat. Christine Hoberg) - 'Clair De Lune'.
656. Flight Facilities (feat. Giselle) - 'Crave You'.
657. Royksopp (feat. Susanne Sundfor) - 'Running to the Sea'.
658. Susanne Sundfor - 'The Brothel'.
659. Susanne Sundfor - 'White Foxes'.
660. Susanne Sundfor - 'The Silicone Veil' - Need to go through the R18 curtain for this one.
661. Susanne Sundfor - 'Walls'.
662. Ketamine Suns - 'Finnish Girls'.
663. D-Anna and Khromozomes - 'Together'.
664. Birdy - '1901'.


665. ZZ Ward - 'Til the Casket Drops'.
666. ZZ Ward - 'Put the Gun Down' - from the ooh-ooh-oohs to the drop off ending. All good.
667. ZZ Ward (feat. Kendrick Lamar) - 'Cryin' Wolf'
668. Julie Delpy - 'A Waltz for a Night'
669. Julie Delpy - 'An Ocean Apart'
670. Carla Bruni - 'You Belong to Me'.

Notice a trend in Lovely Husband's musical taste?

4 comments :

  1. I absolutely love this idea of seeking out new music. And I love it when I read through your lists and think "yes! That's an awesome song"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to just be surrounded by new music all the time in my teens and early twenties - had the radio on a lot and was always buying (second-hand) CDs. It's interesting that mp3s and online music seems to make it both harder and easier to find new things these days. I've sometimes found it quite difficult to 'browse'.

      Delete
  2. 653 is 497. I got the song from you dearest.

    651 is based on a hymn but also a country/folk re-write of the original hymn. The song fits the game perfectly.

    The Naked and Famous song was on a YouTube suggestion list when I dug out the song (also a The Naked and Famous song) from the Strongbow Summer Blossom ad:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdmmJ8mZs6M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I've repeated myself? Damn, will need to add an extra one at the end.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...