Saturday, August 17, 2013

New Songs on a Saturday Morning (701-710)

As part of my ongoing effort to improve the range of my cultural consumption, I'm casting out for new things to listen to. Part one and an explanation of this musical escapade can be found here.



701. ABC and Achoo! Bless You! - 'Hoot! Hoot! It's a Lovely Day' - Not sure how I've missed it until recently but have fallen in love with this tune from Giggle and Hoot.
702. ABC and Terry Mann - 'Giggle Galaxy' - Another relatively recent addition to Giggle and Hoot. It's unlike the others they've put out - with more electronic pop and less folksy charm. But Dear Boy loves it - not only does it mention the moon and the stars but Jimmy Giggle, Hootabelle and Hoot are up there having a ball.
703. Achoo! Bless You - 'Before We Say Goodbye' - Beautiful harmonies.
704. Achoo! Bless You - 'Necessary Space' - Gorgeous soft little xylophone. Love his lyrics; love her voice.
705. Achoo! Bless You - 'No Way Of Knowing' - Doesn't hit the same stride for me as the others but still lovely.
706. Zee Avi - 'Bitter Heart' - This little baby tinkled its way out of my speakers after opening a flurry of webpages. It took me almost the whole song long to find which page had it on auto-play, and by then I was delighted. All simple sweetness with a gorgeous trumpet solo
707. Zee Avi - 'Concrete Wall' - There's a little hint of Kimbra's looping background vocals, but a far more sweet layered main line.
708. Zee Avi - '31 Days' - More of the island feel and ukulele in this track. Still sweet; still features a little subtle trumpeting.
709. Selina and Sirinya - 'Our' - Ummmm... Thai folk, I think.
710. Lenka - 'Nothing Here But Love' - Happy rooftop performance.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...