Saturday, September 21, 2013

New Songs on a Saturday Morning (721-730).

As part of my ongoing effort to improve the range of my cultural consumption, I'm casting out for new things to listen to. Part one and an explanation of this musical escapade can be found here.


721. The Staves - 'Facing West' - I've already included four of these lovely sisters' songs on my list of favourites, but Girls Gone Child recently posted this little piece of magic, and I'm so captivated by the harmonies. I immediately want to learn ukelele.
722. Lucy Rose - 'All I've Got' - Her high notes are heavenly. Gorgeous arrangement for the Beatnik Sessions.
723. Lucy Rose - 'Middle of the Bed' - Little more beat than the last. Still loving her tone.
724. Taylor Swift - 'Red'.
725. Mika - 'Rain'. I keep waiting for one of new songs to take off or catch me up like those on first album. This doesn't. At all.
726. Mika ft. Pharrell - 'Celebrate' - Neither does this. Boo.
727. Lucy Spraggan - 'Last Night (Beer Fear)' - Bahahahaaaaa.
728. The Paper Kites - 'Featherstone'. Lovely.
729. Lucia - 'Silence' - She makes me think of Susanne Vega, even though their voices aren't really that similar.
730. Lucia - 'Me Over You' - I love the low notes of the piano in the intro.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...