Sunday, September 15, 2013

Softies for Mirabel: A new crafting challenge

I've finally finished Dear Boy's single-bed quilt so now I'm keen for a new crafting project (or two). The Softies for Mirabel toy drive (via Meet Me At Mike's here in Melbourne) is perfect - not only is it letting me play around in the fabric box and pin like a person possessed, but it's also satisfying my desire to do good and helping me tick off my New Year's resolution to get more charitable.

The Mirabel Foundation help kids who've been orphaned or abandoned because of their parents' drug use, aiming to break the cycle of addiction and restore the child's self-worth, sense of belonging and hope for the future. The Softies for Mirabel toy drive is a call out for crafty types to knit, sew or crochet a toy for a Mirabel kid. I'm in!

Here's what I'm thinking so far, riffing off my pinterest board and pulling bits and pieces from the fabric box.






I'm going to be making a few. What about you?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...