Saturday, September 14, 2013

Triangle quilt: Bound and finished



Holy Moley! It's done. It's done, it's done, it's done.

Way back in April when I declared myself, when I said out loud that I wanted to try this, I don't think I had any clue just how looooong this process would be. I had only just completed a tiny little sampler quilt, which had turned out far better than I'd expected, but was nervous about going full scale.

Woah. Full scale is wickedly rough. Handling all of that fabric, failing to keep the sides equal, having some pretty ramshackle binding... It was getting pretty rough to keep on pushing through.

But it's all oh so satisfying now I'm on the other side.



I'm not counting this as a New Trick, as I used pretty much all the skills I had learned for my tiny quilt - except for the batting and sandwiching with a back piece part, because I cheated on that last time. But this sure does count as one of my Before I Go goals. So satisfying to tick another one off.

Have you finished any big projects or ticked off a major goal recently?

5 comments :

  1. Oh this is just awesome! Love the colours and the hexies/triangles. Did you say 'hand-stitched' though - eek! Sounds tricky. Making a quilt is up there on my "one day" list though. Well done on yours! Mel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mel. Yes, it's all hand-stitched from the quilt-top to the actual quilting and binding. Triangles was probably a dumb idea for something this size because it adds far more stitching than squares, but I love the hexie effect too :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful colours and I love the geek surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a feeling the transition to the big bed is going to be a piece of cake! I want my mum to make me one of these!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! That looks awesome well done you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...