Saturday, October 5, 2013

New Songs on a Saturday... Afternoon (741-760)

As part of my ongoing effort to improve the range of my cultural consumption, I'm casting out for new things to listen to. Part one and an explanation of this musical escapade can be found here.

I'm casing out the Rage playlists again. They've had an interesting run of guest programmers lately



741. Of Monsters and Men - 'King and Lionheart' - Sounds so similar to the previous hits but I'm sold anyway.
742. Of Monsters and Men - 'My Head is an Animal' - Lovely.
743. MS MR - 'Hurricane' - Love her whispy voice contrasting with the industrial echo and bash of the background.
744. MS MR - 'Fantasy' - Weird and all over the place but still a good listen. Maybe I've been suckered in by the electronic clapping and slapping.
745. Mumford & Sons - 'Hopeless Wanderer' - Gorgeous piano intro. His voice is as deliciously sad as always always. Hilarious video with Jason Bateman, Ed Helms, Jason Sudeikis and Will Forte instead of the band.
746. Emma Louise - 'Pontoon' - Late night music for Lovely Husband. 
747. The Vaccines - 'Melody Calling'
748. London Grammar - 'Strong' - Holy moley, she sings. Long and loud.
749. London Grammar - 'Wasting my Young Years' - This lady's voice is incredible. Song's a little 'meh' but she's awesome.
750. Moby feat. Gold Specks - 'A Case For Shame' - Not sure I've heard any Moby since Play - this doesn't catch you like those songs but the featured vocal is great. 
751. Paul Simon - 'Late in the Evening'
752. The Messengers - 'A Song for Courtney'
753. Papa - 'Let's Make You Prengant'
754. Zedd feat. Hayley Williams - 'Stay the Night'
755. Chvrches - 'The Mother We Share'
756. Solange - 'Lovers in the Parking Lot'
757. Bonnie McKee - 'American Girl' - What a god awful song. I was half hoping to hear a Tom Petty cover but this is so hideously wrong. Put some damn pants on. Someone needs to tell the mutton that not even the lamb dresses like this. 



758. Thomas Dybdahl - 'Man on a Wire' - Curiouser and curiouser. Love his gentle, soft voice. This is going to stick with me whether I want it to or not.
759. Britney Spears - 'Work B**ch' - Because I stare at car wrecks. I don't want a Maserati. And I don't want to be called Bitch. Thanks.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...