Saturday, October 26, 2013

New Songs on a Saturday... err... Afternoon (771-790)

As part of my ongoing effort to improve the range of my cultural consumption, I'm casting out for new things to listen to. Part one and an explanation of this musical escapade can be found here

This week I've been raiding the soundtracks from previous seasons of Bones. But, man, some of that stuff is hard to find. So I started at Bones and went fishing from there.


771. Liam Titcomb - 'Landslide' - How can a song be both jolly and sad at the same time? Gorgeous folky/country tune with heartbroken lyrics. (Can't find an official clip - this one's a lyric video)
772. Liam Titcomb - 'Richer Than We Know'.
773. Angus & Julia Stone - 'Babylon'.
774. Coleman Hawkins - 'Think Deep' - Laid back sax.
775. Shock - 'This Generation's On Vacation' - Old, old school punk.
776. Frankie and The Heart Strings - 'Everybody Looks Better (In the Right Light)' - Sounds so much like Blur's 'Money Makes Me Crazy' in the opening bars.
778. Gin Wigmore - 'Dirty Love' - Another one of those UK ladies throwing back to the 60s.
779. Jon Allen - 'When the Morning Comes'
780. Versus - 'Gone to Earth'
781. Wes Carr - 'Been a Long Time' -Australian Idol guy? What happened to his facial hair?
782. Tired Pony - 'All Things All At Once' - Letterman show's backing vocals are dodgy but love this.
783. Tired Pony - 'I Don't Want You As A Ghost'
784. Gotye - 'The Only Thing I Know' - Not my favourite.
785. Kimbra - 'Deep For You' - This sounds so different from her other songs. There's far less of the quirk that I love.
786. Current Swell - 'Long Time Ago' - Does anyone else hear Hootie and the Blowfish?
787. Fun - 'All the Pretty Girls' - Great song but I can't get past how tight that guy's pants are.
788. Sivu - 'Sleep' - Amazingly simple.
789. Sivu - 'Bodies' - Once you're past the long, crazy rambles sampled at the start, the song itself is... interesting.
790. Peter & Kerry - 'I Don't Know' - She's lovely and powerful and delicate. He's pretty good too. Sweet lyrics: "I would have asked you there and then to marry me...".

2 comments :

  1. Gin Wigmore is a New Zealander and speaking of Kiwis you are right the Kimbra song is odd, nothing like her album.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow - she sings with an incredibly strong accent. Same style as the UK ladies though :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...