Saturday, October 12, 2013

New Songs on a Saturday Morning (761-770)

As part of my ongoing effort to improve the range of my cultural consumption, I'm casting out for new things to listen to. Part one and an explanation of this musical escapade can be found here.

So... I left a song off the list last week's New Songs post, so here it is to make up for it. Thanks for the Facebook suggestion, Jodie.


760. Allen Stone - 'Sleep' - This is toe-tapping stuff. And great for an early Saturday morning wake-up.

And now onto this week's set. 

761. The Honey Trees - 'To Be With You'
762. The Honey Trees - 'Love and Loss'
763. First Aid Kit - 'Wolf'- For some reason this sounds like California to me, California and a dash of a country yodel. Weird combination, I know, but it works. Thanks to Girl's Gone Child for leading me in this direction. 
764. First Aid Kit - 'Emmylou' - Way more country than 'Wolf' but that chorus is a gorgeous cry and tribute.
765. Emily and the Woods - 'It Was Right There' - So gorgeous. Some of these lady voices are starting to sound the sound, this beautiful harmony of lady voices on both sides of the Atlantic and the Pacific. But they're all still gorgeous. This one is particularly lovely with the simple acoustic guitar accompaniment. 
766. Emily and the Woods - 'More Like Me'.
767. She & Him - 'In The Sun' (on David Letterman) - Poor Zooey looks like a deer in the headlights. 
768. Ellie Goulding - 'Wish I Stayed' - Her voice, her voice is incredible. The high-trilling bird call notes should be annoying but they're not. They're divine. 



769. The Staves (feat. Keaton Henson) - 'Icarus' - Holy moley. What a combination of gentle voices - male and female.
770. Keaton Henson - 'Sweetheart, What Have You Done To Us?' - I'd love it for the title and beard alone. But the rest is so sad and sweet. A touch too James Blunt in places, but the title and the beard make up for it. 

2 comments :

  1. I LOVE these kinds of posts as I discover so many new songs and bands. I am definitely going to check these out now and blame you when the itunes bill comes in ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can find them on itunes! Some of the artists and bands I've found through this series are fantastic, but I suspect quite small in terms of their fanbase and, in some cases, self funded. Happy to lead people to their music, but especially when it helps support the little guy.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...