Monday, October 21, 2013

Spewing in the Supermarket

Dear Boy spewed at the supermarket this afternoon.

In the produce section.

While I picked out potatoes for tonight's dinner.

My first hint of it was Dear Boy calling out: "stinky". And there he was with vomit down his chest and arms, dripping onto the floor, and a look on his face that said: "what the hell just happened?!"

And of course this was the first time since he was born that my magical mummy-bag-of-holding contained no chuckies; no old-school cloth nappies that I use as my go-to for messes and covers and matts and rugs; no tissues. Just one last, lone wipe from his nappy bag and a single scented nappy sac. 

And in the middle of a desperate clean-up and that dilemma of whether to cut and run or pay for the groceries in my basket, I thought of this: 


Have you seen The Money Pit? It's one of those movies we all were happy to watch as a family, the kids laid out in a line on the floor, chins on hands, and the adults on the couches behind us. Sure it's almost 28 years old but the laughs don't age. Okay, maybe some of them do. That laugh at the end of this clip... hilarious.

I don't think I can go back to Coles anytime soon.

7 comments :

  1. Oh God you poor things. You just reminded me of when my oldest was about 1 and he puked all over the trolley in front of the deli at Woolies. We had to try and clean it all up with packets of napkins whilst everyone looked on in disgust. We then had to buy all those groceries and take them home and wash them. *Shudder* Oh I dont miss that random puking. I hope he is feeling better now lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They made you buy the groceries or you just felt guilted into it? If they made you, I hope the cashier got spew all over themselves as they checked them out.

      Delete
  2. Oh no it's always such a mission when that happens and you're not prepared. It's a moment where you wish you could just drop your groceries and run out of the door. Great clip, I love this movie! And the laugh as he looks down through the ceiling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was worse because I thought I was prepared! I normally have a stack of "just-in-case" stuff in my bag - but I'd used a different bag the day before and had left some things at home.

      This whole clip was running through my head as I madly tried to mop everything up with one baby wipe. I may or may not have looked like a crazy person.

      Delete
  3. Oh dear ... this reminds me of the time my son vomited all over a fellow passenger on the monorail at Darling Harbour ... sooooo embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The monorail? Oh no! No escape until the next stop!

      Delete
  4. Oh my. That's a nightmare right there, Lilybett. I remember when my Max did a number two at the top of the slippery dip at the playground and it slid all the way down.... yes... I know about these kinds of nightmares... just glad your dear boy is okey dokey (as they so often are after a big vomit. Oh the irony.) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...