Thanks to Kylie for the recommendations this week. She pointed me in the direction of Hello Giggle's list of Aussie and international singers and groups. Hello Giggles has numbers 811-822 already collected into a Spotify playlist, so I've cherry-picked those for my list after setting it to play and letting it run through my Friday afternoon.
811. Dan Croll - 'From Nowhere' - Cheery, but... not cheery.
812. Wardell - 'Call It What You Want' - These are two of Steven Spielberg's kids. Curious, aren't you?
813. The Preatures - 'Is This How You Feel?' - Triple J Unearthed alumni. I like them.
814. Betty Who - 'Somebody Loves You' - Oh my god. This is so fantastically 80s with a touch of Janet Jackson's 'Miss You Much', no? The Australian accent kills me. Took me a minute or two to realise it's the song used in the Home Depot flashmob proposal I linked to a few weeks ago.
815. NONONO - 'Pumpin Blood'.
816. Panama Wedding - 'All of the People'.
817. Gossling - 'Wild Love' - Weird. Nice. Lovely Husband's lovely lady sound with a complex instrumentation.
818. Highs - 'Summer Dress' - Amazeballs.
819. Swaai Boys - 'Camilla' - Hand me a fruity drink with an umbrella in it. This song makes me want to dig my toes into the sand.
820. Ball Park Music - 'All I Want Is You' - This reminds me of my brother's band. With a lady added.
821. Haerts - 'Wings' - Those guitar riffs. Man.Where have I heard them before?
822. Cardiknox - 'Technicolor Dreaming'.
823. The Griswolds - 'Heart of a Lion' - Bahaha awesome lyrics.
824. The Ceremonies - 'Land of Gathering'.
825. Bear Mountain - 'Faded'.
826. Sheppard - 'Let Me Down Easy' - I'm half sure I've already included this on the list. But only half.
827. Sheppard - 'Something is Missing' - Lovely accoustic session. Harmonies are incredible. And though their other song has more recognition value, this is near perfect execution. Oh lord, the harmonies.
828. Elle King - 'Good To Be A Man' - Holy banjo and a lady dressed up as a redneck! Double exclamation marks!!
829. Elle King - 'I Told You I Was Mean' - A voice full of razors and gin.
830. Elle King - 'Playing for Keeps' - Still good. The full backing on this takes it to a new level.