Saturday, November 9, 2013

New Songs on a Saturday Morning (811-830)

As part of my ongoing effort to improve the range of my cultural consumption, I'm casting out for new things to listen to. Part one and an explanation of this musical escapade can be found here

Thanks to Kylie for the recommendations this week. She pointed me in the direction of Hello Giggle's list of Aussie and international singers and groupsHello Giggles has numbers 811-822 already collected into a Spotify playlist, so I've cherry-picked those for my list after setting it to play and letting it run through my Friday afternoon.


811. Dan Croll - 'From Nowhere' - Cheery, but... not cheery.
812. Wardell - 'Call It What You Want' - These are two of Steven Spielberg's kids. Curious, aren't you?
813. The Preatures - 'Is This How You Feel?' - Triple J Unearthed alumni. I like them.
814. Betty Who - 'Somebody Loves You' - Oh my god. This is so fantastically 80s with a touch of Janet Jackson's 'Miss You Much', no? The Australian accent kills me. Took me a minute or two to realise it's the song used in the Home Depot flashmob proposal I linked to a few weeks ago.
815. NONONO - 'Pumpin Blood'.
816. Panama Wedding - 'All of the People'.
817. Gossling - 'Wild Love' - Weird. Nice. Lovely Husband's lovely lady sound with a complex instrumentation.
818. Highs - 'Summer Dress' - Amazeballs.
819. Swaai Boys - 'Camilla' - Hand me a fruity drink with an umbrella in it. This song makes me want to dig my toes into the sand.
820. Ball Park Music - 'All I Want Is You' - This reminds me of my brother's band. With a lady added.
821. Haerts - 'Wings' - Those guitar riffs. Man.Where have I heard them before?
822. Cardiknox - 'Technicolor Dreaming'.
823. The Griswolds - 'Heart of a Lion' - Bahaha awesome lyrics.
824. The Ceremonies - 'Land of Gathering'.
825. Bear Mountain - 'Faded'.
826. Sheppard - 'Let Me Down Easy' - I'm half sure I've already included this on the list. But only half.
827. Sheppard - 'Something is Missing' - Lovely accoustic session. Harmonies are incredible. And though their other song has more recognition value, this is near perfect execution. Oh lord, the harmonies.
828. Elle King - 'Good To Be A Man' - Holy banjo and a lady dressed up as a redneck! Double exclamation marks!!
829. Elle King - 'I Told You I Was Mean' - A voice full of razors and gin.
830. Elle King - 'Playing for Keeps' - Still good. The full backing on this takes it to a new level.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...