Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Christmas stockings



There's something entirely satisfying about making your own Christmas stockings. Sure you could order one of these awesome babies in some entirely awesome fabrics (stop with the awesomeness already), but in the quiet hours of the evening when it's just me and my little pile of Christmas DVDs, it's nice to have some busywork.


I'm still hand stitching, but these babies could be whipped up pretty darn quickly if you knew how to use a sewing machine. We finally have one, but it's currently sitting in a tub underneath Lovely Husband's table. Come the new year, I might just sit myself down and teach myself a few more new tricks - like threading the damn machine or sewing a straight line)

These stockings are simple enough to do by hand, though. The finish is rough as guts on the inside (and only a little ugly on the outside), but all those stitches are put in with love.



4 comments :

  1. A homemade Chrissy stocking is what Christmas is all about!! I made the kids these massive Santa sacks a while ago and they just go and go (which is great, but it does mean that I haven't had to make anything new, which is a bit sad!!) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I purposefully made them small so they only require a few little stocking stuffers - otherwise I'm too tempted to stuff to the brim :)

      Delete
  2. They are just gorgeous - and I can't believe that is hand sewing - your stitches are neat! I'm looking for ideas for using up some leftover Christmas fabric. I was thinking of draw-string bags, but maybe stockings are the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are great for scrap busting. You could also patch fabrics together if you have enough patience.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...