Saturday, December 7, 2013

New (Christmas) Songs on a Saturday Morning (861-880)

As part of my ongoing effort to improve the range of my cultural consumption, I'm casting out for new things to listen to. Part one and an explanation of this musical escapade can be found here

So, it's that time of year again to revel in the Christmas music. I found some awesome new Christmas songs last year. This year, I've found the Rockwiz Christmas special. So many Australian artists doing new and old songs. I'm going to buy myself the CD or the downloads, or whatever form music comes in these days.


861. The Wolfgramm Sisters, Jade Macrae and Joe Camilleri: 'Medley: All Alone On Christmas / Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) / Christmas Ain't Christmas Without The One You Love / Run Rudolph Run / All I Want For Christmas'
862. Tex Perkins and Clare Bowditch  - 'Fairytale Of New York' - Holy moley. Weep. And dance. And laugh. And weep.
863. Tim Freedman and Angie Hart - 'River' - This is one of my favourite Christmas-y tunes and these guys do it so well. I could listen to those opening bars all December long.
864. Tim Freedman - 'Maybe This Christmas' - I can also watch him play piano all day long.
865. Paul Kelly, Dan Kelly and Ashley Naylor - 'How to Make Gravy' - Okay, this is cheating. I love this Paul Kelly song, but this is technically a new version. I can't believe he wrote it as a joke.
866. Liam Finn and Friends - 'Merry Christmas Everybody' (including the closing credits of the show!).
867. Tex Perkins and Tim Rogers - 'Little Drummer Boy'.
868. The Wolfgramm Sisters, Paris Wells and Abby Dobson'Medley: What Christmas Means To Me / This Christmas / Who Took The Merry Out Of Christmas / Last Christmas'.
869. Adalita - '2000 Miles' - She sounds so much like Chrissy Hynde.
870. Kasey Chambers and Bill Chambers - 'Christmas Time'.
871. Glenn Richards and Holiday Sidewinder - 'Just Like Christmas' - How awesome is the name Holiday Sidewinder?
872. Sarah Kelly and Toby Martin - 'The Christmas Song' - Gorgeous. Lovely.
873. Dan Kelly and Sally Seltmann - 'Hey Guys! It's Christmas Time' - Sufjan Stevens song - I think this is a better version.
874. Tex Perkins and Paris Wells - 'Blue Christmas' - Tex Perkins can be so hammy.
875. Vika Bull and John Paul Young - 'Christmas Train'
876. Tim Rogers - 'Christmas (From Tommy)'
877. Joe Camilleri, Tim Rogers and The Wolfgramm Sisters - '(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding'.

And a few extras.

878. Cee-lo Green feat. Rod Stewart - 'Merry Christmas, Baby'
879. BB King - 'Back Door Santa'. 
880. Mary J Blige feat. Jesse J - 'Do You Hear What I Hear?'.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...