Saturday, December 14, 2013

New (Christmas) Songs on a Saturday Morning (881-900)

As part of my ongoing effort to improve the range of my cultural consumption, I'm casting out for new things to listen to. Part one and an explanation of this musical escapade can be found here

I found a playlist on spotify called 'Singer Songwriter Christmas'. It's got some great artists on there, so I've cherry-picked a list of New Songs (or new versions) I hadn't heard before. If you click on the link above, you'll be able to listen to the full list on Spotify online, even if you don't have spotify downloaded.

881. Glenna Bell - 'Be My Valentine (On Christmas)'
882. The Hot Hearts - 'In the Bleak Midwinter'
883. Sara Groves - 'A Cradle in Bethlehem'
884. Angel Snow - 'O Holy Night'
885. Blitzen Trapper - 'Christmas is Coming Soon!'
886. James Taylor - 'Go Tell It To The Mountain'
887. Carole King - 'New Year's Day'
888. Over the Rhine - 'Darlin' (Christmas is Coming)
889. Ron Sexsmith - 'Maybe This Christmas'
890. Regina Spektor - 'My Dear Acquaintance (A Happy New Year)' - Lovely, lovely, lovely.
891. Amanda Jenssen - 'Another Christmas'
892. Kate Havnevik - 'Winter Wonderland'
893. Findlay Brown - 'Last Christmas'
894. Matt Costa - 'All I Want for Christmas'
895. Zee Avi - 'No Christmas for Me' - Little ukelele ditty. So sweet.
896. Neil Halstead - 'The Man in the Santa Suit'
897. Allo Darlin' - 'Space Christmas'
898. Okkervil River - 'Listen to Otis Redding At Home During Christmas' - Besides the great name, this song is delicious and sad.
899. Friction Bailey - 'We Will Sing'
900. Amusement Parks on Fire - 'The Day It Snowed'

Woo-hoo! A hundred more songs and I'm done!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...