Friday, June 13, 2014

Dear Boy 'reads' Dig, Dig Digging

video

Yeah, this is probably a four minute brag-fest but I am continually astounded by my boy's feats of memory and speech. He'll be two and a half years old in a few weeks and here he is reciting 11 four-line stanzas, almost word perfect.

He's had these books for quite a while and we've read them to him multiple times. I wasn't a huge fan of their weird rhyming and onamatopoetic scheme. It felt so clunky and odd the first few times round - so clunky I would skip the two middle lines of each stanza and zip through the book and on to something else. But gradually, slowly, slowly, they've wormed their way into my mind. And now the poetry rolls off all our tongues.

1 comment :

  1. OMG he is seriously amazing! Totally TOTALLY brag worthy. That is so impressive xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...