Tuesday, June 24, 2014

He'll be graduating high school soon


He wants to wear his backpack 'to school', to traipse around the backyard and transport his cars from the lounge room to the picnic table. He wants to talk about the merits of The Little Red Caboose versus Thomas and the Ghost Engine ('but ghosts aren't real, are they Mummy, Thomas was just too scared to see it was just old chains, not ghost fingers').

I want to bury my face in that little space between hat and backpack and breathe him in. And tell him I'm not ready for that.


1 comment :

  1. oh hun - I totally get this with every atom of my body I just want time to slow down xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to respond to what you have read here at Lilybett and Boy. I love reading through all your comments.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...